(For 3 servings)
One Otafuku Okonomiyaki Kit (comes with sauce and flour packets)
- 5 oz prepackaged salad mix
- 9 to 10 oz of chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp. packaged pesto sauce
- 3 oz shredded cheese mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of water
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan or hot plate and stir-fry chicken on both sides until it is done cooking. Transfer the chicken to a small bowl, then mix with pesto and set aside.
2. Mix okonomiyaki flour packet, eggs, and water in a bowl with an egg beater. When the consistency is right, add the prepackaged salad mix and pesto chicken, mixing well until everything is evenly coated with batter.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in a frying pan or hot plate. Scoop 1/3 of the mixture onto the cooking surface and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Flip the okonomiyaki and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Spread the cheese on the Okonomiyaki and flip once more (this time for about a minute to allow the cheese to crisp).
5. Flip cheese side up and drizzle with sauce. Serve hot!
(Note: recipe makes three servings)