Umami Culture Yakisoba Kit (comes with dried noodles and sauce packet)
- 4 oz packaged salad mix, this recipe features a cabbage cole slaw mix
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 pieces of bacon, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp. of chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1/2 of a fresh jalapeno, chopped
1. Remove plastic and boil noodle packet for 2 minutes. Feel free to adjust the time (about 1 minute and 30 seconds will make the noodles al dente). Drain of all excess water and set aside.
2. Cook bacon in a frying pan in vegetable oil. Once it has cooked, add the red bell pepper slices and stir-fry. Add in chopped jalapeno and mix until everything is thoroughly cooked.
3. Add in the drained noodles and loosen them up with tongs. Cook for about one minute until the noodles are all separated, then add the contents of the sauce pouch. Mix well until the sauce has coated everything thoroughly.
4. Add in the cabbage salad mix last because it cooks very quickly. Stir-fry, mixing the noodles with the cabbage salad mix until the mix has finished cooking.
5. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot!