(Makes 3 servings)
- 2 Eggs
- 10.5 oz Cabbage (cut into thin slices)
- 2 pcs Green Onion
- 1 cup Tempura Crisps
- A pinch of Aonori
- Mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 or 3 oz Otafuku Okonomi Sauce
- 9 slices of Pork Belly (or Bacon)
*Note: you may also add other ingredients, such as corn, cheese, kimchi, shrimp, edamame, jalapeno, etc
Batter Ingredients (approximately 3 servings):
6.5 fl oz Water
4 oz Flour
1. Mix Okonomiyaki Flour and water in a large bowl until the flour fully dissolves. Add the cabbage, green onions and eggs to the batter and combine gently.
2. Place oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-low heat. Spread the batter into 2 inches. Cook for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Flip 2, using two spatulas. Adjust its shape so that it's round, gently push down on the top, and cook slowly until they are fully cooked to the middle.
4. Look at the bottom and if it is toasted to a golden brown flip it once more. Dress the top with Otafuku Okonomi Sauce.
5. To finish up, place any topping of your preference on top of the Okonomiyaki.