(Makes 3 servings)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup cabbage (cut into thin slices)
- 2 stalks of chopped green onion
- 1 cup tempura crisps
- A pinch of Aonori
- Japanese mayonnaise (to taste)
- Otafuku Original Sauce (to taste)
- 9 slices of pork belly (or bacon)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup flour
Note: You may also add other ingredients, such as corn, cheese, kimchi, shrimp, edamame, jalapeno, etc.
1. Mix okonomiyaki flour and water in a large bowl until batter forms. Add the cabbage, green onions and eggs to the batter and combine gently.
2. Drizzle oil in medium size skillet over medium heat. Spread the batter into 2 inches. Cook for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Flip, using two spatulas. Adjust its shape so that it is round, gently push down on the top, and cook slowly until it is fully cooked in the middle.
4. Look at the bottom and if it is toasted to a golden brown flip it once more. Dress the top with Otafuku Original Sauce.
5. To finish up, place any topping of your preference on top of the okonomiyaki.